Welcome to the first ever episode of the Brand, Market, Flourish podcast. I honestly can’t believe I’m recording this. Launching a podcast has been on my yearly goals list for the past two years but I just kept putting it off.
The truth is, I didn’t really have a plan for it. I simply knew I wanted to create one as my main content platform but then didn’t make a plan for how it was going to happen. So it just sat there on my goals list.
But it’s here, it’s happening and this is my first episode. I’m so excited!
I wanted to kick off this podcast with an episode talking more about my story and how I got to where I am today.
I don’t know about you but I love listening to other people’s stories. I love hearing their journey to becoming a business owner and then how they have navigated being a business owner. I find it so interesting. It’s probably the nosey side of me coming out.
Being a business owner was never something that crossed my mind. I don’t come from a family of entrepreneurs. In fact, everyone in my immediate family has always worked for someone else so I just assumed I would do the same.
Listen to this episode
- How being an entrepreneur was never part of the plan
- My first business before Fleurir Online
- How I got into marketing and design
- How I knew that branding and marketing was my calling
- How being made redundant when I was 5 weeks pregnant was the best thing that could have happened
- The changes that have happened in my business so far and how they have led me to where I am now
- How I transitioned from custom branding and web design to launching digital products and one-to-many offerings
I hope you’ve enjoyed hearing my story and how Fleurir Online came to be where it is now. I have no doubt that my business will continue to change and evolve and I’m looking forward to sharing this with you through this podcast.
Thanks so much for joining me on my episode debut! Join me each and every Wednesday for a brand new episode.